Stella the Starfish Performance:
Not much longer to go until our amazing adventure under the sea with Stella the Starfish commencing in Week 8! A reminder that our performances in Week 8 are as follows:
- Tuesday 10 September Dress Rehearsal for Primary 10.45 am
- Tuesday 10 September Evening at 6:30pm
- Wednesday 11 September Evening at 6:30pm
- Thursday 12 September Matinee at 10:45am
- Thursday 12 September Evening at 6:30pm
Some details particular to Prep students regarding performances are as follows:
- The evening shows on Tuesday 10, Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 September will require students to be in their classrooms at 5:30pm to get organised for the 6:30pm start. Students do not need to be in uniform. Please have them wear clothes that aid them to change independently.
- School dismissal will be as per normal in the afternoon at 2:50pm. It is important that your child is able to have a break away from school and to have something to eat before they return at 5:30pm Please note there will not be supervision at school during the break between 2:50pm and 5:30pm.
- We only require our parent helpers to be in the classrooms from 5:20pm to 6:20pm, so we ask that you simply drop off your child at your 5:30pm time. These parent volunteers will be helping the students get ready along with our teachers and teaching assistants.
- During the show, all students will remain together in our Music rehearsal rooms while they are waiting for their turn to perform. They are all required to take part in a finale so we ask that you please leave them with their class while the performance is on. Students are not to be collected and taken into the performance.
- As Week 8 will be a very busy and exciting week, we would ask that you write clearly all pick up arrangements in your child’s diary each day.
We look forward to enjoying this exciting event with you.
Literacy: The children are continuing to learn how to read and blend their phonemes to make words, as well as continue to learn their camera words. The children have enjoyed writing some information texts related to living things.
The children continue to engage in Speaking & Listening sessions with enthusiasm. Please note that Week 7 is an important week for Speaking & Listening. Your child will be assessed for how well they can share information about a living thing, speak so they can be heard and show an understanding of appropriate listening behaviours.
Numeracy: We are continuing to develop a strong foundation in numbers 11-20 through lots of practical hands-on learning experiences. The children are now trying to apply this knowledge to some open-ended problem solving. They are developing strategies to solve problems including drawing pictures, making a table and acting it out.
Science: We have been sorting different things to classify them as living and non-living. We have also written an information text about how we know a certain thing is actually living.
Book Week Celebrations
We are sure you will all agree that our students looked fabulous dressed as their favourite book characters last week. Students thoroughly enjoyed parading their efforts and costumes. A big thank you to parents for your support with the student’s costumes and reading challenges.
Early Departure Form
Please remember to fill out an early departure form for your children and hand it in to your child’s teacher or the primary office if you choose to take your child out of school before the last day of Term 3. The form can be found here: http://www.aishk.edu.hk/parents-pack labelled as Student Absence From School.
Happy Father’s Day
Happy Father’s Day to all of our Prep Dads for this Sunday. We hope you enjoyed our celebrations at school this morning and have a lovely day on Sunday.
Thank you, as always, for your on-going support.