We are nearly half way through the year and are excited to see the progress our students have made since the start of the year. Lots of informative and exciting things are set for the next few weeks, as we finish off the semester. In Week 10, all Primary and Early Childhood students and families will be participating in the Student Led Conferences. This is a wonderful opportunity to see the learning taking place and the progress your children have made so far. It is also a terrific way to celebrate their successes.
You may have already noticed the bright blue van sitting on our field. This exciting vehicle is referred to as the LEAP Van. For those of you who have not heard of the LEAP van before, it is a programme which targets primary school children in mobile classrooms (van). It’s also known as Life Education Centre (LEC). The mobile classrooms can be towed all over Hong Kong to deliver LEAP’s health-based education programmes to primary students. All prep classes will attend a session over the next fortnight. If you would like to know more about LEAP, please have a look at the following link. http://www.leap.org.hk/
Speaking and Listening
Our Speaking & Listening focus over the past term has been dedicated to weather. Next weeks focus will be looking at extreme weather and we require children to bring an image in and describe it. Please remember that the children need your help to prepare for these sessions and feel so much more confident when they have run through their presentation with you at home.
Chinese Week (Week 7)
Here is an overview of the activities set in place for Chinese week.
- Monday: 10:30am Lion Dance
- Tuesday: 12:30-1:15pm Chinese Games and Shopping day (during Chinese lesson) Children should bring a maximum of $20 to spend.
- Friday: 8:30-9:05am Chinese Assembly. The Prep children will be singing a Chinese song for your enjoyment, so please come along. Children are also asked to wear traditional Chinese clothing or Chinese costumes during the day. This is not a free dress day. If children do not have costumes or traditional clothing to wear, they must come in their regular school uniform. If children would like to change out of their costume so that they can play outside during break times, they are permitted to have their P.E uniform underneath.
The Wizard Of Oz
We are all familiar with the epic, magical story of ‘The Wizard of Oz’. ‘I’m melting!’, ‘I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore Toto!’, ‘’Follow the Yellow Brick Road.’ We’ve all heard these lines, we all know the songs and our incredible cast of 2018 will bring this remarkable, sparkling story to life for our community in Week 9. There will be four performances on:
Thursday 14 June 7.30pm
Friday 15 June 7.30pm
Saturday 16 June matinee at 2.30pm
Saturday 16 June closing night at 7.30pm
Ticket sales are available now. So please come and join us to be a part of what is a life changing experience and certainly a time in their schooling lives that our students will never forget. Look out for further information coming your way soon.
Important Dates to Remember
- LEAP Van: Week 7
- Chinese Week: Monday 28 May- Friday 1 June
- The Wizard Of Oz: Thursday 14- Saturday 16 June
- Student Led Conferences: Thursday 21 June
- Last Day of Term: Friday 22 June, school finishes 12pm